Saturday, November 15, 2014

Searching for Islam



Asalamu Alaykom,



This sweet little girl, mashahallah, is show in a Dubai shopping mall with her American family.  Watch how she reacts to the azan.  It's her first time and she is mesmerized.  Her eyes scan the space for The Source.  Watch how she instinctively points her finger out as if she is testifying.  See how she touches her fingers together as if in tasbeeh (done when remembering Allah).

If only we could all react with such open wonder to the azan.

Egyptians tend to disregard the call to prayer like so much garbage in the street.  Astragferallah.  It's there; they don't notice it.  Yes, the music is stopped for azan but the talking and yelling continue.  Astragferallah.  It's only three to four minutes long, yet people raised Muslim in a predominantly Muslim country, still blather on like...well, I'd say animals but even animals are seen showing a quiet respect for the azan.

For me, I've at least stopped my own mouth from yammering.  I can also, over time, convince my husband and son to wait to speak.  As for the others, I can only be a role model in that regard.

Yusuf Estes says in this video that too many Muslims are in name only and that they also need to come to Islam.  Whether you are Muslim or not, watch how this video shows the power in finding your path.




Yusuf Estes is a former Christian preacher who left the church in order to follow his faith in Islam.  Mashahallah, he is a powerful speaker with enough knowledge to back up his words.  Yes, this video is long but stick with it until the end.  

I cried three times and those tears washed away some of the hardness that has built up in me.  Only when we are softened by the Mercy of Allah are we able to change and grow.  I also laughed because Yusuf Estes knows that laughter can be a part of dawah---the spreading of Islam.

There is a section around 20 minutes where the audio is dropped.  There is no explanation but I believe it was done for privacy in order to protect the questioner from the audience. 

There is another section after that in which the women from the audience are not show.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I wish that women could come to a microphone and not be objectified but maybe that is not possible.  Their privacy is also protected.

One nice thing about the video is that it has Arabic subtitles.  This enabled me to share it with my husband.  Yes, he has enough English to basically understand the video without subtitles,but they really helped him grasp the concepts easier.  Sharing Islam together is the biggest blessing of our marriage.  Alhumdulillah.

Do not miss out on the chance to be a witness of God's great power.

Let me know if it makes you cry too.

Next,



No comments: