Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ramadan Action: Emailing


Asalamu Alaykom,


I just went through my email address book.  I started with "a" in the recipient field and saw to whom I needed to send a greeting.  Not everyone was a current friend.  Some were former friends.  Some were people I needed to thank.  A few were people with whom I'd had a falling out.

Not everyone was Muslim.  Even if they weren't Muslim, I let them know that it was the first day of Ramadan and that I was sending out greetings.

Through the whole alphabet I went.  Not every person got an email.  If it was someone who brought more trouble into my life than it was worth, I did not write to them.  I did, however, pause and send a good thought into the universe for them.

I started after fajr and wrote until the sun rose.  The sun is shining quietly in Giza.  EVERYONE is asleep.

I feel good.  It's a good start and one I'm going to recommend to you.  Clear your relationships from the beginning.  Be the first to initiate the good wishes.  Be the first to make amends.

It's important to mention that my intention was to write to them NOT to get a response.  If I never get a response, that's fine.  I've got to make that fine or my intention for goodness will get messed up.  I don't want to feel badly for those who aren't able (for whatever reason) to answer back.

Now, I can go back to bed with thoughts that I've shared kindness with people all over the world.  Subhanallah.  While I sleep, I might be making someone smile!  Inshahallah.


2 comments:

Marie Harmony said...

That's a beautiful idea Yosra. I like it very much.
Stay well and in peace.

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Marie,

I thought about you and the baby's grandparents. Would you be willing to contact them and wish them well this Ramadan? That might go a long way to keeping things peaceful. If you're looking for a good time to do it, I'd recommend this time more than any other. However, you know best.

Love and Light!