Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ahmed Shafik Campaign Song

Asalamu Alaykom,





The run off election is fast approaching:  June 16 and 17.  The two men competing to be Egyptian FIRST elected president are former Prime Minister Ahmed Shafik (old guard) and Dr. Mohamed Morsy from the Muslim Brotherhood (change).

For me?  I can't imagine voting for a man who served under Mubarak.  Even if Mr. Shafik's new airport project was a huge success, I wonder how a revolution can result in a 70-year-old crony getting into office.

I'm not saying that Dr. Morsy is a perfect choice.  He's not a statesman!  However, the 60-year-old is promising changes towards a more Islamic nation.  Since 90% of the population is Muslim, it's worth a try.  Let's see if adhering better to Islam allows for a more productive society. 

The video is not Dr. Morsy.  He doesn't have a catchy tune on TV.  Mr. Shafik does.

REALLY catchy!

Like...don't listen to the video if you don't want it stuck in your head forever.

We've all come to love it and laugh with it---even if we don't want to vote for the man it's lauding.

2 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

I think the singer is Shaaban Abdel Rahim...the same old glorious singer of the pop marvel " Ana Bakrah Israel" ( I hate Israel)...way to keep the peace process going...I don't want Shafik or Morsy either :(

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom EgyptChick,

Nice to see you!

I agree it sounds like Shaban. I haven't been able to find proof of it though.

Peace proces??? LOL! People are doing as much as they can to rake up the muck right now. Same like they do in the U.S. during elections. I'm hoping for a unifying moment...eventually.