Thursday, January 12, 2012

In the Pits



Asalamu Alaykom,




"Life is made up of all that you lose
Can't even choose the color of your blues"



"You get a different kind of relationship with God after this kind of thing, because...I was a Pollyanna.


I thought life was wonderful.



I had a great childhood. I had lovely family.



I had a job I loved.




I had a husband I loved.




I had a son




I used to think--it was easy to thank God




And then suddenly you're in the pits,




and then you have to learn that



God is in the pits with you.


3 comments:

Angelle said...

So true.

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Angelle,

Thanks for seconding that.

Nice to see you again :)

Asalamu Alaykom Readers,

I wanted to add these two quotes which remind me of the same sentiment in my post. These are from Corrie Ten Boom,

"There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still"

"God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies."


You can read more about her:

http://www.corrietenboom.com

In brief, she was living in the Netherlands during Nazi occupation. Though she was not Jewish, her family hid Jews in a secret wall. I had the privledge of touring her home. Crawling into the space was a meaningful experience.

She was taken away to the death camps where her sister would die. Corrie survived and wrote her story.

After knowing all that, read those quotes again:

"There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still"

"God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies."

Amazing that she was able to have that outlook. If these two women, who have each been through a hell on earth, can feel this way, then we should be able to also.

Inshahallah.

Nashipae said...

Beautiful.