Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sick Since Sunday

UPDATE:  Alhumdulillah I was good enough to go to work today.  Didn't soil myself so life is good.  I've got the weekend to recoup whatever I couldn't as I was running after small children. I'll blog something smart again soon inshahallah.

Asalamu Alaykom,

Being sick sucks.

Alhumdulillah.

I'm home in my pink poka-dot pajamas while Mr. Boo is off at school.  This is a first.  He was pretty excited to go to wave goodbye to me and go off to school with Baba.

Me?  I just couldn't do it.  I was able to hang tough for two days and then yesterday I gave in to my body's needs for rest.  I slept most of yesterday and tried to let the Antinal kick it.  I feel better today, alhumdulillah.  However, I've been without a real meal for three days so I felt fine while laying down but dizzy when I got up.  YIKES!

So, I've eaten.  I've rested.  I've yelled at my husband (sorry, dude). 

And now I'm watching this http://www.people.com/people/videos/theysaidwhat/more/  it is one of the best doses of laughter I can find.  If you are uber-Islamic then it's not for you.  For me?  It's very cultural and makes me feel at home---even though "home" is here.

Hope all is good with you.

3 comments:

MarieHarmony said...

Hope you will feel better soon Yosra. Sometime our body need this rest we don't allow him to have, as we go there and there, trying to do as many things as possible in a short period of time.
Rest and look after yourself.

Bonnie said...

Lol uber Islamic, don't know if I've heard that term before.... Hope you are felling better soon, big hugs!

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Maire Harmony,

JAK for your kind message. I really needed both your message and the rest. We women are so bad at really resting. We faux-rest instead of being completely out of every loop and every problem. For two days I did that. I x'ed myself out of the picture and slept and got better. I worked yesterday but I have two days off alhumdulillah to get stronger.

Asalamu Alaykom Bonnie,

Glad you found a laugh :) Ya, I might have coined the phrase. No disrespect meant to anyone. I just didn't want a bunch of comments explaining why those videos are bad. It's a bunch of American talk show clips---the funny bits.

I am feeling better.

Thanks for the hugs! I'm sending you an Egyptian one now :)