Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Copt Cemetary

     Walk through the Pharoah's portal.




Pass by the Muslim guard at the gate and enter into a different world.




It's like a little city.




It's quiet, clean and peaceful; a idyllic Egypt.




Stand in the shade and enjoy a moment of calm in a chaotic world.




There isn't room here for hate. 




To me, my religion and to you, yours.



So many doors.




Each door holds the promises, dreams, and hopes of so many lives.




My life is made richer by knowing my time on earth is finite.



Alhumdulillah for my life and for your life.  Alhumdulillah for the ability to really think about our lives and our choices. Who are we now?  Who do we want to become?

We have an amount of time to change our lives; to be better than we were the day before.  We can love more fully, forgive deeper, think with a clearer mind and embrace with a bigger heart.  We can.  It's a choice.

I love visiting cemetaries.  I love reading obituaries.  I love seeing how lives are precious.

It makes me remember the infinite possibilities inside me which are God given.  Subanallah.

Those possibilities are in you, too.

May all of us who strive for the sake of Allah be thankful for the chances we have to be the most we can be.  May all of us do more good than bad and be accepted into Paradise at the end of our days.

1 comment:

MarieHarmony said...

Lovely post Yosra. I love the peace of cemetories too, the memories of the ones who stay, and the feeling that everything is possible, that better is possible.
Take care.