Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fasting and Praying for Peace in Egypt



Asalamu Alaykom. I wish peace for you and peace for Egypt.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) would fast on Mondays and Thursdays---this is sunnah. On Monday, please start your day with a fast to be better connected with The Creator and with the many Muslims who will be fasting. For us, we will go without anything to eat or drink from before sunrise to after sunset. You can check http://www.islamfinder.org/ for those times in your city. We will pray five times throughout the day.

However, you can do the fasting and prayer however you are comfortable. And please don't pray for any specific outcome. God knows best. Pray simply for PEACE.'

Oh, Allah, please help me to find peace within myself, peace in my own home,  peace in my neighborhood, peace in my city, peace in my country, peace on my continent, and peace in the world.  Ameen.

No comments: