Saturday, February 26, 2011

Be There



"Wherever you are, be there totally.

If you find your here and now intolerable

and it makes you unhappy,

you have three options:

remove yourself from the situation,

change it,

or accept it totally."




For many of us teachers in Egypt, tomorrow (inshahallah) is the first day to welcome back students.

I have had a very tough time with my feelings over this because my expectations and my reality didn't match.

The Eckhart Tolle quote is very good.  It's really nothing new or revolutionary.  It's simply a reminder of what we already know.

It echoes the FISH philosophy from years ago.








So, I will "be there" tomorrow.

Where will you be?

1 comment:

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Dear Readers,

With all of those mental gymnastics, you'd think that I'd be ready for school.

We make plans but Allah's plans are best.

NO SCHOOL tomorrow! Surprise!

So, alhumdulillah. I'm ready with lesson plans when we do go. Alhumdulillah for everything :)