Friday, September 17, 2010

Coming Out

Asalamu Alaykom,

It takes courage to be who we are. 

Bullies like to keep us silent.

Boys bully with their fists.

Girls bully with their words.

I got silenced.  I was drained and going down the drain.

But, I'm back to the blog.

Welcome, once again, to my world. 

It's your world too.

OK, so it's our world. 

What do we want our world to be? 


CREATE IT!

I've been creating a new life.  There have been mind-blowing changes.  I'm happy--alhumdulillah.

And I'm ready to once again be an imperfect Muslim on the web.  Ya, I know.  I could wait until a perfect Muslim starts a blog but that could be a really long wait.  Instead, I'll go ahead and be me ---

and you be you.

I could TRY to be you

but I think I'd suck at that.

So you go ahead and be the best you that you can be.

I'll go ahead and be the best me that I can be.

And let's see who we are together.

5 comments:

ellen557 said...

Yes! :D

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum dear sister,

I see you're now living in egypt.Can't wait to know everything about your new life INSHALLAH!

Loads of kisses from France.

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Sistas,

Thanks so much for your kind welcome. I appreciate your smiles and kisses.

Br00ke said...

Yaye Yosra!!! Asalamu alaikum!! I have also made hijrah since we last "talked" and look forward to catching up!!
Love and Peace,
~Brooke aka Ummbadier

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Brooke!

I just peeked at your blog and YOU are in Morocco! Congrats at moving! I'm proud of you too.

I'll have to do some more reading (and nodding at simmilarities).

Love and Love and Love!