Thursday, April 2, 2009

Underwear Party!




Take a look at our cake!
Yes, it was going to be a Spiderman cake
until I realized it would cost $90.


So KUNG-FU PANDA it is!
Here's the thing: I realize I'm just about broke. I know I ordered a cake today despite this.
I ordered the cake from Durango Bakery, on Central. It's going to be Tres Leche---yum! It's going to be way tastier than a regular cake AND for some reason it's cheaper: $35.00.
I am celebrating this milestone more than most. Why? Because I need to. Yes, it's for my son, but it's also for ME. I have been going through potty training with him for years. Subhanallah, these have been hard years---obviously for reason beyond the bathrooming. Ya, it's been real REAL.
This celebration is an end. I am done having so much sh*t in my life, inshahallah. LOL! I am! Why? Because that is a promise I am making to myself. I do not have to been in such mess. Time to stop sitting in waste and to get cleaned up and grow up.
And that's for Mr. Boo and ME!

5 comments:

dramamama said...

Insha Allah and ameeen!

Nour said...

Assalamu `alaykum wa rahmatuLlah,

Three cheers for potty training for Mr. Boo. Let him know your faithful readers are dazzled by his awesome awesomeness. And, huzzah for mom 's potty training as well ;)

In the words of the KF Panda sage turtle Wu Gui: The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery but today's a gift. That's why they call it the present.

May Allah give strength to your resolve.

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Drama Mama,

Thanks for coming by and commenting, Sweets! So nice to see you!

And I KNOW you know how good this feels :)

Asalamu Alaykom Nour,

How great, eh? Alhumdulillah.

Loved your comments! Thank you for bringing the old turtle's wisdom to the proceedings. How true....

Ya, I need to figure out how I will know that I'm done with my own cr*p. There should be some physical manifestation of that...but I just can't think what!

Keep coming back and commenting! It's nice to read that love and light.

Shabana said...

*phew* I know what a relief it is when your kid is finally potty trained. Masha Allah, congrats to both of you on this big achievement. Insha Allah, things will look up from here on out. I mean, at least you're not changing diapers anymore. alhamdulillah :-)

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Shabana,

Alhumdulillah for an end to diapers. Yes!

Thee are still some challenging moments, but at least we can get our cr*p together now, right?

Inshahallah :)

Thanks for the cheer!