Tuesday, April 14, 2009

OH, BAMBOO SHOOT! I'M DIETING!


I am not enormously fat but I am feeling well...yes...fat. I am feeling fat.
I was feeling so super-fox fine in February. I had been fasting and I looked terrific. I then flew to Florida and ate away some grief and got fed at two households. I got ice cream a couple of times. I didn't totally care...as calories don't count while you are traveling, right?
And then I came back and had to go through yet ANOTHER BREAK-UP. I allowed myself the purchase of the half-gallon of ice cream. Yes, that's a rule which has been in place since I split from X2, otherwise known as AbuBoo. I do not allow ice cream in the house except in case of a break-up.
And I sat on my buttinski trolling the internet for far too long due to the miserable weather (inside my head it was pretty cloudy).
So now? I am not feeling super-fox fine. I am feeling BIG FAT PANDA!
I was reading some info last night about eating based on blood type. I won't tell you my hair color, but I'll tell you that my blood type is O+. And guess what? I am not able to adequately digest wheat and corn. Who knew?!
So, today...gulp! I am....oh gosh....giving...giving...yes, I am giving up wh wh wh wh whe whea wheat. There I wrote it. I am giving up wheat. And corn---including pop...popco...popcorn. I love popcorn! I love tortilla chips! I love cheese puffs! And I really love bread more than you can imagine.

Hey, could this maybe explain why I am a big fat panda?
I'm supposed to eat more protein throughout the week...but not kidney beans or lentils (more issues). I will do that, inshahallah.
And this morning I had oatmeal instead of toast.
This lunch I had a salad of greens and meat instead of a sandwich.
I had to come to terms with it. The truth is: I'm dieting.
I need to see if I can get my bod back by eliminating these foods.
So, hello to rice, oatmeal, rye, and potatoes!
Goodbye to loaves, slices, and tortillas!
Now, I'd better get outside! But I'm thinking to go eat a discounted chocolate bunny...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Let yourself have a cheat day every now and then Yosra, and get the discounted bunny by all means.

I'm honestly relieved it's not going the other way with you, because I often don't feel much like eating.

The best thing you could ever do is give up bread. Trust me you will start seeing a difference right away. My mom is 100% gluten-free and she is teeny-tiny now. And once I stopped eating bread so often, I also felt A LOT better. It's almost like your heart pumps faster :)

Thanksgiving stuffing is the one thing I miss, but we can have it once a year.

May Allah make is easy for you Yosra. It's understandable that with everything you've endured, you would feel this way.

As you can see from my picture, I could also do better. Love you endlessly.

egyptchick7 said...

I don't know if replacing wheat with rice will make a difference. RICE and potatoes are just as majorly carb as the next thing. Ummm...BUt if you do eat rice, I used to hate it but now I have a palate for it, brown rice is actually good. Or maybe you can get some Kasha or Quinoa.

When you said Diet I sorta laughed bc trying to Diet when you will be in Egypt is like trying all of us to get into size zeros. I could not dare resist the temptation of delicious food and I won't. If it means I come back a lil bigger, I ate duck and nothing can deprive me of that. LOL.

Anyway, be smart with your food choices. I know I am not. LOl.

Jaz said...

Good Luck with the diet! You'll have to let me in on some secrets though.. I can't put on weight no matter how hard I try! You can have something tasty now and then, and there's loads of alternatives. If you cut out your favourite fattening foods altogether you'll only resent your diet and try to cheat even more. Also, eating enough is totally essential because if you don't get enough your body will go into "starvation mode" and the second you eat it will store it and add on the fat!