Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knowing Your Address


Caillou is on TV and Mommy and Daddy are trying to teach him his address.

This is NOT something I can teach Mr. Boo.
We haven't stayed in one place long enough to teach him his address.
To be honest? I kind of forget them all.
AND we are about to move again.
YEP! It's back to my mom's in two weeks.
I had the meeting with the Apartment Manager and she can't budge, so I'll have to.
Alhumdulillah, it's a roof over our heads.
The two-month stay this summer at Omar's Egyptian grandma has been completely stopped. Subhanallah. Allah knows how upsetting that is for me, so I'll save you all a rant. It really makes me wonder if this is a red flag for a bad trip.
I have NOT heard back from the school as to my air fare request.
I have applied at two other schools since then. Both of them are places I have been before and both of them are in ideal locations. I am keeping options open and asking God for the best.
I'm being patient (kind of) and giving it all time to get figured out.
One thing I did just figure out is Twitter. Come join me if you dare! It's on the sidebar (along with a new pet hamster and Ramadan countdown clock).
Calliou is done whining, so I better go parent my kid and do my laundry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

asalaamu 'alaikum sis

i was bored at work yeasterday and i came across your blog, i read and read and read and i didnt stop reading till i had to go home and then when i got home i kept thinking about you.

Im a muslimah from england by the way

everything i read, i took away and locked in a lil corner of my mind, so that when the day comes i can use your experiences and learn how to be patient and be strong and maybe get by in my own life insha'Allah

May Allah reward you for every hardship you go thru wit something thats better for you, may He give you strength to take every step towards Him and shower rahmah on you and your family, ameen.

and like Allah said 'After hardship indeed there is ease' - and thats enough to keep you walking, and hoping and dreaming.

May Allah bless you my sister.

Tke care

wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatu, wa maghfirah, wa jannah, wa ridwaana.

Bint Habeeb Ar Rahmaan

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Bint,

Mashahallah! What a nice comment to start my day.

Although, I've got to say that it's the SECOND nicest and not the big winner.

The big winner goes to Mr. Boo who woke me up this morning (just before Fajr because he's a good Muslim boy---and he was hungry). He said, "Mommy, I love you. You're the best Mommy. I'm not going to leave you for years and years."

:)

I often suck at being his mommy, but at least he feels like I'm doing somethings right.

Which, is probably where you're coming from too. Ya, it's been a trip living this life! I'm glad you've gotten some lessons learned out of it.

Ameen to your du'a :)

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!

Sorry, that was me mind-reading your boss' thoughts.

Take care and come on back another time, inshahallah.

Anonymous said...

wa 'alaikum asalaam

LOL i never really left the blog since i got on this morning, still reading your stuff!!!

and alhmdulillah my boss is on holiday so no getting back to work anytime soon! hehe.

i guess Allah inspired me to check your blog out cz i prayed the best dhuhr salah since ages!!!

:: sigh ::

iv been on an deeny high since yesterday and i make dua im on it for a very long time insha'Allah.

and ur boys too cute masah'Allah! words of truth from the mouth of babes hey!

take care sis insha'Allah, have a good day.

wa 'alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah