Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Food! Glorious Food!



How do you like your eggs?

Me: poached until they're solid and on toast with cripsy hash browns

My Boy: fried egg sandwhich with cheese

My Girl: scrambled with shreded cheese



How do you take your coffee/tea?

Me: the free cappaccino drink mix my neighbors gives me or tea with milk, sugar and cardamon

My Boy: flavored coffee drink with milk

My Girl: tea with milk and honey, if I would even drink it



Favorite breakfast foods?

Me: Foul medamnes with lots of cumin seeds and a ton of olive oil and crusty pita with some spicy Egyptian cheese and olives on the side

My Boy: Omlette with...I can't say ham...I don't want to say it...oh, just put with spicey potatoes on the side

My Girl: Eggs with spinach, cheese and onions with pita toast



Coke or Pepsi?

Me: Neither--I don't like caffeinated drinks. They really hurt my stomach

My Boy: Cherry Vanilla Coke (I could never drink it plain)

My Girl: Hate it



You're feeling lazy. What do you make?

Me: Grape nuts and vanilla yoghurt with lots of junk on top, like raisins, craisins, soynuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

My Boy: Sugary cereal with toast peanut butter, cream cheese or Nutella (depending on mood) My Girl: Toast with cream cheese



What kind of pizza do you order?

Me: if halal pepperoni is possible, I'm happy! Add spinach, onions, olives, artichokes, green peppers...pretty much all the veggies you can throw on!

My Boy: meat combo with mushrooms and spinach

My Girl: personal deep dish with extra cheese and black olives



You feel like cooking. What do you make?

Me: Chili fries!

My Boy: Pita with pizza sauce, and mozzarella in the toaster oven

My Girl: Tortilla with cheddar cheese in the microwave



Do any foods bring back bad memories?

Me: Green Bean casserole reminds me of my ultra-controlling ex-mother-in-law and all those family dinners she lorded over

My Boy: Over spiced Texas Toast and throwing up in the bathtub

My Girl: Chili with uncooked potatoes



Do any foods remind you of someone?

Me: Lasagne reminds me of my mom

My Boy: My mom's homemade Mexican-American food, but especially the tortilla chips she cuts up and fries up

My Girl: Eggplant Parmesana reminds me of my loving mom



Is there a food you refuse to eat?

Me: Organ meats

My Boy: Freaky ethnic foods made out of unknown animal parts

My Girl: Any animal fat



What was your favorite food as a child?

Me: Lefse with brown sugar

My Boy: Cheesburger (from sit-down restaurants; not fast food junk)

My Girl: Spinach souffle



Is there a food you loved as a child but now hate?

Me: Hamburger Helper

My Boy: Coleslaw

My Girl: mint leaves



Favorite fruit and vegetable?

Me: Spinach and Apples

My Boy: Potato and Strawberry

My Girl: Spinach and Pear



Favorite junk food?

Me: Popcorn

My Boy: Kettle-cooked potato chips

My Girl: Nacho chips with melted cheese and sour cream


Favorite between meal snack?

Me: sunflower seeds

My Boy: chips and salsa

My Girl: crackers

Do you have any weird food habits?

Me: unnatural ethnic combos, like fried rice with feta

My Boy: all food needs salt or pepper

My Girl: dipping fries into drinks.

You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?

Me: apples

My Boy: salad with croutons and dressing...more add-ons than vegetables

My Girl: on BRAT diet--toast

You're off your diet. Now what would you like?

Me: garlic bread with a pizza (why choose one?)

My Boy: Red meat

My Girl: CHEESE!

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?

Me: Medium

My Boy: Mild...but I dig the curry

My Girl: Not spicy

Can I get you a drink?

Me: Rootbeer with milk

My Boy: Whatever is on the adult's menu that's not alcoholic

My Girl: Cranapple, please

Red wine or white?

Me: That was long ago and far away

My Boy: Honestly, I haven't tasted either, so I don't know yet

My Girl: Never!

Favorite Dessert?

Me: Raspberry cheesecake with shortbread crust

My Boy: Ice cream sundae, any pie or cheesecake

My Girl: Banana chocolate popscicles

The perfect nightcap?

Me: None...I'll only have to get up in the night

My Boy: I really like something hot, but I don't drink it actually.

My Girl: Water

No comments: