Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When it is Right


You must never be fearful
about what you are doing
when it is right.

Rosa Parks


I am here.

It was sunny here today. I don't need to find the sun somewhere else. I'm here for now. I've got a phone interview on Wednesday for an overseas teacher placement agency.

This is closer to what is right.

Am I giving up a big opportunity? Maybe. But even if it worked out, I would be settling for something that was not my highest hope.

I do want to marry a good Muslim man.

I would never settle for a Muslim man who doesn't pray five times a day or who drinks on occassion. Why would I allow a man in our lives who isn't meeting the basic standards of what Mr. Boo's role model needs to be?

No.

It's not just me. It's us. We need a good Muslim man.

No more discussions with my former seatmate. All done.

On the matrimonial site, my internet clicks are getting closer to 10,000. When it reaches that number, I am closing it down. If they have not found me by now, then that's their fault!

I need to get over the men who have been wrong for me.

I am great! So are you.

However...

God is the Greatest. Allahu akbar.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You know what Yosra? I am really, really proud of you. You have always stuck to your guns that you want to marry a good Muslim man, despite warnings from various others asking you to focus on Mr. Boo.

I like you and want to walk in your shoes soon. No one understands the right and desire to marry again on our parts. In my case, it's obviously still a long, long way off but you give me hope. Just because you suffered with a wife-beater before doesn't mean you should suffer more by never re-marrying and finding true love.

I will do anything to help you on your quest. Much love!

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Lisa,

Hey, thanks for the pep talk! I do want to marry the RIGHT man. I also want to focus on the right person---and that is Mr. Boo.

Since I've been out of work, we've had A LOT more time together. I am not a perfect SAHM (and I want to thank PBS KIDS for picking up the slack). However, I am doing more these days: teaching reading and writing and taking him places. Even though I don't write about our time together, it is truly the focus of my life. The man hunt is actually less important.

BUT it IS important. It will help both Mr. Boo and UmBoo if we get a good guy inshahallah.

As for me suffering before with a wife beater...alhumdulillah, I was only introduced to one and never actually went very far with him. There was something about him....I couldn't put my finger on it, but there ya go! He wasn't right.

Somewhere there is a man. HELLOOOOOOO, MAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN! Where arrrrrrrrre YOUUUUUUUUUU? Ok, well, I don't think he can hear me, but I believe he's out there.

Thanks for being there too.

Shabana said...

I admire your perspective on things. Insha Allah, your man is out there and he'll come along soon :-)

Layla/Colls said...

I liked reading this post. You seem to be in a much better place. You know what you want. Please don't settle for anyone less. He is out there waiting for you. I think it's not the right time. You know the saying, "all good things come to those who wait."

Have fun with Mr Boo. I also think PBS Kids is great.

Salaams!

Safiyyah said...

Salaams Yosra:

Alhamdulillah! (Breathing a huge sigh of relief)

Teaching overseas would be a wonderful opportunity. Also, you would meet a lot of people :) You may not get this opportunity (the freedom to explore and experience) in the future; grab it now.

Also, LET GO OF THE CONTROLS! lol. Don't shut the profile down. Who knows? Allah (swt) might mean for you to find the right one on the 10,001 click!

Another thing you may want to try, is writing a new profile. It's similar to job searching. You don't put EVERYTHING in the resume. Just enough to get the job interview.

Also, do you have a pic on your profile? They say that profiles with pics are more successful.

Also, add another category to your poll: Wait for Allah (swt) to send me the perfect one.

Inna laha mas sabreen (or something like that) - Allah (swt) is with the patient/Ameen!

Faith Confusion said...

I agree, don't shut your profile down. I used to go through and click profiles who had clicked me at random and that's how I found my husband... ok, so i don't want him anymore, but he was great at the beginning, lol. That's what's so scary... people ALMOST ALWAYS seem great in the beginning... then they become a real person and you go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH get me out of here!!! lol
If someone ever finds a fool proof way of finding a good guy, let me know.