Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Whiter Teeth Cheaper


There are many New Year's resolutions I will not be keeping this year. I won't. I just don't have it in me to improve much. I'd somehow like to chill out and just coast for a while.

However, there is one simple self improvement I'd like to share with all of you: whiter teeth for cheap.

You know, as a Muslimah, I ain't got much showing. I got hands and face. That's it! So, I better make the most of those physicalities.

It makes sense that we all would want our teeth to be clean, bright, and white. I used to buy White Strips and spent weeks applying the clingy strips. They are about $30. Once I bought a competitor's product and used it in one night. It was a gel you apply in a tray. That hurt! My mouth is maybe too sensitive to do a heavy duty application.

I knew that my love of Chai Latte was doing my teeth a disservice. I also knew I was too friggin' cheap...I mean thrifty...to buy those strips now. I researched on the internet and came up with an alternative. And you know me---I'm all about the alternative.

So here's what you do:

Take baking soda and a cloth. Wipe the baking soda onto your teeth. Don't use a toothbrush to do it. You've got to wipe it with a cloth. Be careful not to hurt the gumline. Then floss. Even if you must spit out a little baking soda, try not to spit it all out.

Then take a swig of Hydrogen Peroxide. DON'T SWALLOW! Swish it around as much as you can, for as long as you can. Spit it out, but don't rinse.

Your teeth will look whiter and feel cleaner for pennies. I think you'll like this too, so do it too, inshahallah.

But the real beauty secret for your mouth? SMILE!

"Even a smile is a charity."


Especially if your teeth are shiny white!

3 comments:

Mona said...

Hey salam, I wondered how this is working so far? Thanks!

Yosra said...

WAS Mona,

I think it does work---that's my perception. HOWEVER, I keep drinking tea. If I wasn't drinking tea, I think my teeth would stay white. Don't know. I'm not very scientific. I understand with White Strips that some people use it once a month and this cure is kind of the same deal. Costs almost nothing to try it! All the cool kids are doing it! Come on! Submit to peer pressure!

Mona said...

Salam Yosra, thanks for replying, I think I will try it!