Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Broke Down but NOT Broken


Car broke down after driving it four times. Subhanallah! You'd think I would have gotten more use from the thing! It was horribly in rush hour, with Mr. Boo cold in the backseat, driving to my mom's. I was trying to get to my teaching seminar.

The thing just stopped. Oh, it would start up again, but it wouldn't get into gear easily. A man stopped and told me to just put it into first so I could go about 10 miles per hour. Took forever to get the two miles to my mom's---starting, stopping, starting, stopping. Took her car to the seminar. God bless her.

Car is in the shop now. Alhumdulillah, I haven't paid anything for it yet. I'll see.

But now...it's the PHONE! It was a little goofed up, but Mr. Boo helped it fall apart completely. I put it back together. I don't think I'm buying another flip phone. It can still be used as a modem THANK GOD but I've got to get a new phone now.

These are things. They aren't ME. I'm still OK, alhumdulillah. I'm not going to let them bring me down. I can't. Once you start to spiral downward, it is very hard (especially on dreary winter days)to recover and soar upward again.

Inshahallah, I'll remain bouyant.

I wish the same for you.

2 comments:

sa said...

thanks

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom SA,

Your site has a wealth of Islamic links. I'd really recommend that others click around and explore.