Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birds of a Feather


I left my apartment and went into the cold.

AbuBoo's visit was underway and I felt too sad to stay.

This was a day after meeting a man who wanted a babymaker.

This was three days after a man was supposed to fly from California, but didn't AND I was happy about that.

This was two months after meeting the man who flew in from the East Coast.

This was a year after I flew to Florida with my whole heart.

I walked around the neighborhood to get over all of this.

I looked up into the sky and saw two ducks flying.

Did I thank Allah Subhana wa Tallah for the beautiful nature?

No.

Instead I cried out, "DEAR GOD! IS EVERYONE ELSE IN A COUPLE BUT ME?!"

4 comments:

young Muslim said...

I'm shedding tears bcoz of you and I feel your predicament my dear sister. But I have faith in Allah the Almighty and please soothe yourself with the unyielding hope that He offers when we expect it in the least.


"He is the One that sends down rain (even) after (men) have given up all HOPE, and scatters His Mercy (far and wide). And He is the Protector, Worthy of all Praise." (Holy Qur'an- 42: 28)

egyptchick7 said...

Sometimes I see couples getting all lovey dovey on the Subway. And then I get jealous....but then since the train ride is long, I swear, all the ones who get mushy kissy and PDAish all of a sudden get into this huge fight by the end of the ride ( it's about 45 minutes from Brooklyn to the city)and they can't stand looking at each other. And then I am oh so happy and giggling inside bc I don't have THAT!

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Young Muslim,

Thanks for the tears. I appreciate your words for me.

Feel free to laugh a little too :) It's silly to be jealous of ducks, I know.

Asalamu Alaykom EgyptChick,

Too too true, sista-friend. Ya, being half of a couple can be half of a problem. I'm not anxious for THAT, for real :)

Anonymous said...

I do not believe that you are "one of those" females that needs a man to complete her identity--I really think you have some strong hormones! And I type that with great love and empathy ~smooch
Love and Peace,