Thursday, November 6, 2008

Barack is Mine!


The bodybuilders

and the salesmen,

the funked out playboys,

Desis who rank a "10"

You can have them.

'cause I'm satisfied.

I've got a man who is verifiable world-wide.

Ya, it ain't about the sexy.

Though he's mighty tall.

It's the spirit through his speech.

And I wonder at it all.

How much more wonderful can he really be?

Call me in four years and I'll know the reality.

I love him. I do! He's married...it's true.

But I love his wife like a soul sister.

Love his kids.

I'll love his dog.

I'll love trusting our future

to the leader to get us through this fog.

He's a good man (Allah knows best)

and I can forget the rest.

Every man who's been a liar.

Every man who's been a thief.

Now that Barack is mine

I have regained this sweet belief.

Yes, President Obama is the proof

that good men do exist.

Now, if I could only keep the bad ones off my list.

2 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

LMAO....You can definitely have him if you keep the bad ones off your list! LOL... Remember he was born in the States...not a Foreign born man. So if you want somebody like him make sure he is born here...ehtnic yes...born here yes... :)

OMG did i have soooooo much fun in the city during election night. What's happening with Franken in your neck of the woods?

Yosra said...

Asalamlaykom EgyptChick,

Nice to see you! And laughing no less :)

Ya, I had this vibe going so the poem happened.

Yes, he was born in the U.S. I know you keep trying to get me with a man born in the U.S.

I bet you DID have some fun this week partying.

To tell you the truth, I used to love Al Franken and got disheartened during the campaign. Couldn't stomach voting for him. Dean Barkley got my vote instead.