Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ignorance about Senator Obama


Here's a wacky quote from John McCain's rally in Minnesota:

One woman called Obama "an Arab." McCain shook his head no and, taking the microphone from her, said that's not true.

"He's a decent family man, citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with over fundamental issues," McCain said.

Are people THAT ignorant?

Ummm...so, that means that people are honestly mixing up Senator Barak Obama's Kenyan father, who was Muslim with an Arab? Like...all Muslims are Arabs?

And hasn't Senator Obama been going to church for awhile? It is the United Church of Christ, which I grew up in, no less. I know it intimately as the MOST liberal and welcoming Protestant denomination.

Doesn't anyone realize that the beliefs of the parents are not always adhered to by their offspring? Don't they know any Catholic school kids who grew up to be Unitarians?

Are they the same people who put together
the ballots in New York?

Don't tell them about this article. It's got too much foddard for those who hate a son based on his father.

OH! And does being an Arab mean you are NOT, "a decent family man, [and]citizen,"?

May Allah protect Senator Barak Obama, Senator Joe Biden, Senator John McCain and Govenor Sarah Palin. And may Allah protect us from our own stupidity.
UPDATE:
To read more (this time from Campbell Brown) click here.

3 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

Bill Maher is great fun to watch bc he concludes that the American people are just plain dumb. And I agree. Yes there are people out there, in "small towns" that don't understand Obama and have distortions about where he comes from.

I don't understand how nobody is waving their arms up in the air with disgust about how Palin is accusing him being a terrorist and people at her rallies yell "Kill Him". She is the devil incarnate and I will not wish Allah's blessings for her. Being that she is my devil, I will be dresssing up as her for Halloween. I bought my " Sarah Palin red jacket" today.

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom EgyptChick,

You crack me up. All the world is going to hell in a handbasket, but you still make me laugh. I think you should have a moose hand puppet and a toy rifle as accessories. Maybe some bumper sticker on your rump stating, "Sexy Granny".

Still, I don't want any harm coming to any of the canidates. Our country could seriously fall into civil war if the wrong thing happens. Don't underestimate.

egyptchick7 said...

Moose finger puppet sounds really good! I was thinking about carrying a flute ala Tina Fey.