Thursday, October 23, 2008

God Has the Steering Wheel


Ok. You ready for this?


I was called into the office and shown a set of car keys.

I had asked one of the administrators of the school if he knew anyone who could help me get a car. He said he would do his best. This pious brother was evidentally the one to ask.

He told me that the same day I asked about a car, one was donated to the school.

Yes.
The school is going to get a new battery for the vehicle and then have me try it out. If I do decide to buy, then I purchase at a very reduced rate. My payments would be a little every paycheck. I could have a car before the snow flies, inshahallah.

Allahu Akbar!
I was right to hold on to my convictions. I wanted to do the right thing and it is never going to hurt to stick to the path. Maybe, we might be momentarily inconvenienced...but never hurt, unless Allah wills it.
Alhumdulillah, I've dropped some weight from all my walking.
Alhumdulillah, I have a renewed appreciation for cars.
Alhumdulillah, I have re-evaluated my commitment to a halal life and chosen more wisely than in the past.
Hey, it ain't no Audi...but if it gets us to the grocery store, that sure would be AWESOME!
Let's hope that it all goes well, inshahallah.

5 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

Wow...for real Allah has really really heard your prayers...1st no saudi, then no egypt, then no marriage to that guy, then job, then car...Subahanllah. This only renews my faith in prayer but it would be helpful if I prayed :(

Anyways...good for you! You held onto your convictions and got what you inevitably wanted. There have been so many positives for you since the middle of Ramadan to only assure to us that Ramadan is indeed a blessed month.

dramamama said...

Subhanallah!!

Anonymous said...

Alhumdiallah! I have a new appreciation for cars after being nearly carless (I had access a couple hours a week) for an entire winter in subartic conditions with four kids. Yeah, wheels make a world of difference!
And masha Allah for your patience, it really "paid."
Love and Peace,
~Brooke

Imanubillah said...

MashaAllah! Mubruk!!

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Charla,

Welcome to Islam. I hope you enjoy the ride :)

I'm not printing your request for free literature because you included your full name and address. That's an OOPS! Don't do that on the internet!

I have some links on the sidebar which have connections to organizations. I think I also have a FREE tag which had some free literature---at one point.

I send nothing myself. I have no access to this. If you come to Egypt you could get some! But, barring that, you could do really well browsing the 'net.

I did provide the booklet, "Why Did the Prophet (pbuh) Marry More than One." More people should read that. It was in print but not on the 'net so I typed it out. You can find that under "Prophets" I believe.

Best wishes on your new stage of life. It will not make your life easy but will give you tools to deal with even difficult times inshahallah.

Love and Light!