Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ramadan 21: Take a Leap of Faith


I have prayed istakkarah:



O Allah!


I seek goodness from Your Knowledge

and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength,


and I ask from You Your Great Blessings,


because You have the Power

and I do not have the power.


You Know everything

and I do not know,


and You have knowledge of the unseen.


Oh Allah!


If in Your Knowledge this action

_____________(which I intend to do)


is better for my religion and faith,


for my life and end [death],


for here [in this world] and the hereafter


then make it destined for me and make it easy for me


and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me.


O Allah!


In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me,


bad for my religion and faith,


for my life and end [death],


for here [in this world] and the hereafter


then turn it away from me and turn me away from it


and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me


and then make me satisfied with it.


2 comments:

L_Oman said...

And I pray that you and Boo have a safe journey...

Don't stop blogging once you get to Egypt, mkay?

And, when are you departing...?

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom L_Oman,

Ameen. It sure would be nice to make it to Egypt safely. This is 6 years right now that I was in Egypt last. Subhanallah! I really thought with an Egyptian husband I'd get there more often than this. Turns out I had to divorce him to return.

Stop bloggin'? I think I have to admit that I'm a writer and my medium in the blog. I know I am making a mark in the world now. I feel it daily and it is an amazing moment. Alhumdulillah.

The only thing is---I better NOT blog anything political! Man! They will jail my buttinski for that over in Egypt!

When do I depart? I am leaving that out of the info. Just keep good thoughts for friendly skies and I'll let you know when I can.

Big hug!