Monday, September 22, 2008

Mama Told Me!


Mama told me there'd be days like this!
Subhanallah!

I booked tickets for Egypt on Sunday.

On Monday, I got a call about a possible job here.

Would I stay?

I didn't know, so I prayed istakkarah. When I humbled myself before Allah, I had to admit that my purpose on this earth is to serve Our Lord. If there is a school here that is in immediate need for a teacher, then there is a way to serve right in front of me. I told the principal that I would cancel my plans for Egypt if I was offered the position.

What about my tickets? I would try to work something out for another time, like this summer.

If Allah can make the dead earth come back to life, and can make this phone call happen, then who am I to worry about something as small as changing a trip itenerary?

And, my mom told me that this would happen. She actually predicted that as soon as I booked my tickets, the school would call. Subhanallah!

Allah subhana wa tallah had me laughing in my sujud.

4 comments:

L_Oman said...

Oh Yosra. You got me spinning round and round here!

Does this mean things are still up in the air?

Honestly, I do not know how you can stay grounded with these loops and turns. Hats off to you because I would not be able to stand on two feet like you are...

dramamama said...

Salam sis. Am excited by the turn of events and I'm keeping you both in my du'a insha Allah!

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom L_Oman,

I KNOW! You turn me right round, baby, right round! Like a record player right round, right round!

I think it helps that this is waaay beyond my control---in the same way a c-section is out of your control. What can I do? My work is done! I've literally done all I can to get that job. It's up to them. If they don't hire me, it won't be for lack of interest!

Asalamalaykom Dramamama,

It's a bit too exciting! I wish I would have heard today. Oh, well! Tomorrow inshahallah I'll know my future. YIKES!

I was thinking in my prayer how the Quran came down bit by bit because we couldn't have handled it all at once. This info is the same. I got a shock and Allah is sparing me (in His Mercy) from getting a bigger shock by only giving half the info. Alhumdulillah. :)

Thanks for the du'as! I'm making them for all of YOU!!!!

May Allah accept our fasting and our prayers.

Shabana said...

subhanAllah, man plans and Allah plans....and Allah is the best of planners. SubhanAllah, Allah just keeps sending us reminders in so many ways, subtle and obvious, that it isn't up to us. We can just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. but in the end, Allah knows best. I think when we aren't tested, we forget to depend and trust in Him. But subhanAllah, those of us who are tested constantly, it's almost a blessing in disguise, because we can do nothing BUT trust in Him and be patient. and when we do let go and just leave it in Allah's hands, somehow it's always for the best. Jazakallahu khair, Yosra, for providing that reminder for us.