Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Like You More Than I Like Me


No.

You haven't been with me for 40 years.

You don't really care about me and my life the way I care.

SO!

It isn't that I "can't take criticism". It's that I don't want to! Who does? NOBODY!

I'm not saying you have to love everything I do, but frankly my dear...

ya.

Exactly.

I'm catching heat for being real while others on the blog world simply don't write what's real.

See?

I get it.

I've always gotten it.


Always been honest.

You can't handle it.

It's not me--it's you!

You can't take honesty.

I'll pull this plug if this blog is a drag-- and right now...

Right now, you are a bunch of humorless nags.

I'll stick with my fun fantasy of John, Cat, and/or Akshay
and think about leaving the rest of you behind.

5 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

Post if you wish:

You know, walahi, there were many times I wanted to post before the last post and I just close the window without hitting post. Why? Bc of reactions like this.

I , too am honest. I am the most blunt and honest person and that is my great quality. I can't write fluff. I say what I see. Excuse me for being blunt.

I wanna say more but if I do I will be tempted to close this window again. I don't want to be the reason for you to stop blogging again.

maggie said...

I vote for Cat ;o

Anonymous said...

Asalam Alikum,
That was harsh! People are just trying to give you advice and help you, and it seems as though you can\\\'t take it. \\\"A bunch of nags\\\" you say but people care about your well being and want you to be happy, Inshallah. I can\\\'t believe you don\\\'t look at it in that way. Please take care and try to be positive in all aspects of your pitiful life. We all will be making du\\\'a for you and wishing you the best for you. Take care! Wishing you the best of luck in your future. And to make light of things I vote for #3.

Lady Nomadica said...

I WISH YOU WOULDN'T

stop because of someone who doesn't really know you. I know you in the flesh and I know more about the situation than many of these commenting critics.

YOU HAVE LEARNED.

There are many women in the days of the sahaba that married more than even 5 times. Who is to say that a marriage the doesn't continue reflects a lack of something in you. Who is anyone to judge whether you've learned or not.

I don't want Cat or any of the other pseudo posts and in fact I love your writing because it's so vulnerable, real, and honest. I've always loved you for your honesty.

If it matters- and it doesn't have to: I would love to continue to read you love. I believe in you (the whole person) and I commend you on your continued struggle to make life work. I know how much you worked for each of your marriages and so does Allah.

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom,

I have read all your comments.

I like some more than others.

Thanks for those who were doing their best--Allah knows more than I who they are.

Just like, I know more than you what is best for me in my "pitiful"---wait...wait...hold-up, did you actually write, "pitiful life"? Man! And you call me "harsh". Get real!

LOL!

Love to those who love!