Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things that Equal My Marriage

talking to my friend on the weekend = my marriage


a pillow not propped up properly on the couch = my marriage


my hair found in the kitchen = my marriage


not all the labels facing outward = my marriage


a scratch on the big screen TV = my marriage


my son not getting to bed on time = my marriage


the DVD player pushed in on the entertainment center=my marriage


the mess on my desk = my marriage


my need to grade papers = my marriage


the cost of my son's haircut = my marriage


the cost of eating out once a week for under $20 a time=my marriage


picking my son's father up from the airport = my marriage


two juices and a small bag of chips = my marriage


It comes to this.


It comes to a list of stupidity.


All of these items on the list somehow became as important as the union of two souls brought together to praise Allah. All of these have been used as reasons to divorce me in the last nine months. How did that happen? Why did it happen? Subhanallah! Each and every item I listed has been allowed such importance.


What are any of you allowing to be equal in weight to your marriage? Does it deserve that much importance? Really? Or are the problems too petty to really list.

No comments: