Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boxing and Moving

I mailed the first four boxes.

All books.

Mostly children's literature.

Here's how they once looked.

Where the Wild Things Are


Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles signed by Julie Andrews herself!


The Big Orange Splot


Alexander and the Wind-up Mouse

and (obviously) many, many more.

Then there was also...my HUGE QURAN
(trans. Mohammad Asad, which is banned in Saudi) and my little Quran (trans. Ahmed Ali, which I will inshahallah be taking to Saudi). Fascinating assessment of Quran translations here.

It was all sent for $46.00, but these books are priceless to me.

Really, if you are moving across the country, send the books "Media Mail". It's the cheapest rate at the post office. You just can't include ANY thing that isn't a bound book, DVD, video, or tape.

Then, we went to Booga King. Mr. Boo can't say the 'ur' sound unfortunately, thus making the fast-food restaurant sound a little less appetizing. Oh well, we ate the fries and onion rings with gusto.

More boxes today, but I'll wait until Monday to send them. Really, that should be my last P.O. run. Tuesday, I'll need to run around to the bank, Salvation Army, rental office, etc.

Wednesday we leave.

Inshahallah.

5 comments:

UmmAbdurRahman said...

have a safe trip yosra. let me know when you get settled.

L_Oman said...

$46 is a bargain if you ask me!

Have a safe trip and don't freak out. Freaking out over here isn't done! HA HA.

egyptchick7 said...

uhm omg!!! you are back to blogging!!! omg i missed you so!

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom UmmAbdurRahman,

Sure thing. We need a chat at a buffet.

Asalamalaykom l_oman,

It's not a big freak out...ok, maybe today it is. It hasn't been up until now, but I've cried three times today, so I guess that qualifies. Dang hormones! You do have those overseas, right?

Asalamalaykom EGYPTCHICK,

Wow! You are still around too! Very nice to see you! Alhumdulillah for time. Time really makes us love each other more. Sending you lots of it right now :)

L_Oman said...

Yosra - crying about what? Take it as an adventure. If anyone as wimpy as me can hold out for six years in the gulf (and I know people who have been here 20+ years), you surely can! You're a warrior! :)

And hormones tend to follow you everywhere. Sorry to break the news...