Sunday, July 20, 2008

10 Days

When you are counting down days, it doesn't really hit you until you reach 10. Then, it isn't like a prisoner tallying marks on the wall anymore. Everything speeds up like a rocketship launch.

10..
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...
4...
3...
2...
1...


BLAST OFF!


And it's strange to be headed for the past; back home. Home was his house, then it was my apartment, but soon (in 10 days, remember?) I'll be back home in the Northland.

I'll be living out a wonderously funny sit-come idea:

She's a covered Muslim single mother of one.

Grandma is an ordained minster who's been living alone.

How do these wacky two get along?

IT'S A REAL LIFE JIHAAD!

Muslim: Mom, while we're staying with you, could you not buy any pork?

Grandma: Oh, I don't buy pork! I haven't bought pork it ages! I--well, except for the ham.

That's right! Meet My Muslimah is the sitcom that has all of Arabia up in arms!

OK, so how long is that going to last? I don't know. Allahu alim. My visa to Saudi is not ready. Red tape and not just for single-mom me, but for everyone.

And I am single...sort of...or I will be...am I now?

Look, Facebook has the best description of this and I first saw it on Safa's page.

"It's Complicated."

Oh, ya. Oh, ya, buddy, "It's complicated," is a good turn of phrase for me, for Safa, for a lot of us...maybe all of us.

May all of us see the simplicity as well.

So simple you could count it on your two hands: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine...


ten!

2 comments:

egyptchick7 said...

i had the "it's complicated" status 2 out of the 3 years i was in a relationship...sigh....its now to "single "

:)

Faith Confusion said...

Lol, things are getting exciting now... must read on!!