Saturday, June 28, 2008

Loopy Life

There are people on the periphery of our lives. We don't really know them, but we know someone else who knows them. Ana Voog is one of those people for me.


We have one friend in common and every now and then I'd ask what was going on with Rachel, which is who she used to be.

It's somewhat simmilar to me having been known by another name.


As with any bright celestial being, you have to acknowledge the brilliance. She is a far-reaching thinker and doer. She truly does what others can't...and maybe shouldn't...but she doesn't care. I admire that ability not to care, as I've always cared too much.

"Teach us to care and not to care," as my mother keeps quoting from her Buddhist monk book.

She has always be doing something more interesting than me. She was the second camgirl in history. She has been showing herself 24/7 for years now.

Then there's her music. I like, "Telepathic You," and, "Spoons for Seven". You can download them for free on her site. If I were writing chronologically, music would be listed first. However, when you show yourself naked to the world on the web, you get known for that in order of importance.

But then, honestly, before the music or the webcam was the brilliance; the God-given brilliance.

Last night, I heard she had married. Good for her! As I admit my third divorce, I'll say alhumdulillah for anyone in love enough to venture into hoped-for bliss. May Allah grant her a peaceful union between two like-minded souls.

And then I learned that she has a baby girl and one on the way. Mashahallah. She is, at age 42, catching up to the rest of us breeders.

Lili shares her middle name of, "Zuzu," with the last dog I'll ever own. I love the name and only saved my daughter from the wackiness of it by getting the dog first.

Lili Zuzu has Down Syndrome. It was always my fear that I would be given this challenge, but I wasn't. I have three mashahallah healthy children. Why? Allahu Alim.
Alhumdulillah for all that is given.
All
that
is
given.
Our lives and the lives of those around us are interwoven into these intricate tapestries of yarnwork. Tangled, complicated patterns that take twisting and knotting and looping. Yes, life is pretty loopy. If you examine one little part of the whole, it doesn't make sense or even look good, but as a whole...as a whole, life is so gorgeous.

3 comments:

L_Oman said...

"As I admit my third divorce..."

I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough time again.

I've never heard of Ana Voog (shows how long I've been living in a cave).

Yosra said...

Asalamalaykom l-oman,

Alhumdulillah for everything.

I won't say that it's a rough time. It is what it is.

There have been moments of ouchiness and then moments of happiness. I can't live without either, it seems, so I am doing my best to embrace both and thank God for it all.

Ana Voog is known only to subsets and not mainstream, so you are not a cave-dweller (as far as I know).

Our Rewards Await Us said...

Looky there...you're back again! I was just going through the links on my blog and deleting the ones that don't work anymore. I came across yours and clicked it...totally thinking I'd get that same ol' message...but lo and behold...you're back! I do hope you'll keep us updated with all the new adventures that await you, insha'Allah.